Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Impact We Have On Others - Earth Hour

_
_
_
I recently heard a quote that I found powerful:
_
"We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace."
_
Peggy Tabor Millin
_
I love that!! I am grateful for the reminder that each and every interaction leaves a trace. I've always found that the encounters we have with others impacts how people feel about themselves and in turn how we feel about ourselves. If I only have one chance to share something of myself, I would choose for that one thing to be of kindness. In my recent illness I found a never ending expression of kindness given to me, and with each little comment, email, text message, phone call and card it has made me more determined to gather my strength and give it all back.
_
So once more - thank you - to everyone!!!
_
_
_
I also wanted to put out the word that Earth Hour is coming!! Take action and be part of this historic event on March 28, 2009, 8:30 pm local time!! Individuals, businesses, governments and organizations around the world to turn off their lights for one hour – Earth Hour – to make a global statement of concern about climate change and to demonstrate commitment to finding solutions. Mark your calendars now!!
_

10 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Sabina,

I am so glad you are back. I've missed your inspirational posts so much.

I have marked my calendar. Thanks. ♥Rosemary

Sabina said...

I'm glad to be back too. Thanks Rosemary!!

:)

Linda Lou said...

I will definitely mark my calendar for Earth Hour, great idea! And I am glad you feel the connection from all of your blogging friends.

Honeygo Beasley said...

8:30 pm lights off? No problem - we've been going to bed early, like we're 80 years old or something.

LOL!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Welcome back - that flu can be mean stuff. Love your posts.

AnnaVallance said...

Hope that you are feeling better. And yes we have signed up for Earthhour.

Maria Killam said...

And you posted the perfect colour flowers, pink for unconditional love and acceptance. Lovely quote.

meg said...

I loved the quote and the beautiful pink flowers were absolutely scrumptious!

xoxo

me, myself, I said...

I'll definitely be marking my calendar for Earth Hour - what a great initiative..!
I love the quote..:)

Sandy said...

Thanks for promoting Earth Hour! Another way you can recruit people to the cause is by creating a Earth Hour group on Commit21.com. Simply create a group about one action that you will commit to do for Earth Hour and recruit your friends, family, and co-workers to get involved in that action as well. When it comes to climate change, simple actions can make huge differences and Commit21 leverages social media to influence networks of friends, family, and co-workers. Check it out at www.commit21.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...