Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Body and Soul Challenge 2009

_
___
_
This looks interesting. While I'm not into quick fixes or fads - a few new tips and healthy changes couldn't hurt.
_
35 Days to a New You!
Each week Body and Soul gives you the tools you need to lead a healthier life.
_
Example:
_
_
Detox Example: What to Eat
_
Wake-Up
Drink a cup of warm water with the juice of 1/4 lemon, which stimulates the liver and helps release digestive enzymes.
_
Breakfast
Have a cup of hot oatmeal with a cup of fruit and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon. Drink a cup of green or black tea, if you wish.
_
Midmorning Snack
If you're hungry, eat an organic apple or pear and 10 unsalted raw almonds.
_
Lunch
Eat a cup of legumes (lentils, split peas, beans, chickpeas), a cup of cooked brown rice or quinoa, and a cup of steamed vegetables (include the Brassica family, such as broccoli). For flavor, saute onion, garlic, ginger, and turmeric in a teaspoon of olive oil and add to food, but avoid salt. Drink a cup of digestion-boosting ginger or spice tea.
_
Midafternoon Snack
If you're hungry, eat celery and carrot sticks with 2 tablespoons of hummus.
_
Dinner
Steam 2 cups of mixed vegetables; eat with a cup of brown rice. Use the same flavorings as lunch. Drink a cup of ginger tea.
_
Before Bed
Drink a cup of warm water with lemon. Be in bed by 10 p.m.
_

4 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Thanks so much for your post. I was just looking yesterday for detoxing diet. This is just what I needed to see!

Thanks!

Jen

Content in a Cottage said...

Sabina,

Just what I need ... a new me! I am definitely going to look at this more carefully and see what I can learn. Thanks so much. The only thing in my closet that isn't too snug these days is pajamas! I am going to eat some celery right now. ~ Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I like this - I've got to remember the lemon and warm water - I used to do this years ago and it really helped a lot - I would follow with cranberry juice - the real stuff - not sugared down. I like the ideas you shared

Unknown said...

Great post Sabina and I tell you that lemon juice really works. I did a cranberry juice detox last year and lost 4 kgs in 10 days...all gained back unfortunately :( but this is definitely motivation for me and I have started my walking 3 - 4 times a week around our botanical garden, the post will be up this Saturday. Time to have a healthy 2009 and make good of my resolution..which was the same for the past many years when it came to losing weight haha :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...