Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dinner with Nana and Papa - a.k.a. - My Parents


_
Still on my Ellie Kreiger cooking jag... I am planning to cook and serve dinner for my parents tomorrow night. These opportunities are rare and I love having both my mom and dad all to myself for an evening of conversation and the inevitable old stories.
_
On the menu:
_
_
Salmon Florentine
_
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 cup minced shallots

2 teaspoons minced garlic

5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, rinsed and patted dry
_
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using your hands, squeeze spinach of all excess liquid.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook for 3 minutes until they begin to soften. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool approximately 10 minutes. Add ricotta and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
_
Using your hands, pack approximately 1/2 cup spinach mixture on top of each salmon fillet, forming mixture to the shape of the fillet. Place fillets on a rimmed baking sheet or glass baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, until salmon is cooked through.
_
Per Serving:
Calories 375, Fat 18 g; (Sat Fat 4 g, Mono Fat 7 g, Poly Fat 5 g) ; Protein 44 g; Carb 12 g; Fiber 5 g; Cholesterol 103 mg; Sodium 585 mg Excellent source of: Protein, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin C, Good source of: Iron, Zinc, Fiber

9 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

I love her show but have yet to try one of her recipes. Love that table setting in the first picture. So simple and lovely.

Janet said...

This looks divine! Thanks for stopping by my blog...and for your sweet words. I look forward to exploring the orchard.

Unknown said...

how sweet amd tks for the recipe :)

cammy said...

This looks delicious....definitely going to give it a try. My son always complains when we have salmon. Maybe if I make this with the spinnach, his favorite veggie (explain that one), he will eat it.

Have a great weekend.

Stacey said...

so you are having yet another family dinner without me... well I hope you have a nice time... without me... and you have lots of fun... without me... anyway, I'll be back to California soon and then it will be 'Dinner with Nana, Papa and the 'Return of Stacey' a.k.a. My Family

Love ya

Sta

Sabina said...

That's right babe!!! I can't wait!!!

Love ya too,

S ~

love.boxes said...

You must be the most amazing cook! That looks delish!

Sabina said...

Tiffany, this is so easy to make and takes no time at all - really!!

Pigtown*Design said...

Sabina... looks easy enough for me to make!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...