Thursday, January 31, 2008

Parisian-like Sanctuary


_
Just thought I'd share. Domino Magazine's decorating contest winner.

Catherine from Mill Valley, CA!
_
As a single mother she waited 17 years to convert two small bedrooms into a large master bedroom. She did all the demo and hired handymen to install the closets, doorways and white floor. Then painted, stenciled, embossed, and/or glazed every inch of wall space and built the gas fireplace surround herself. She reinvented a 1960s Hollywood vanity, nightstands, small chandeliers and French chair with paint, decoupage and silver leaf and made and painted silk organza curtains. Her goal was to create a Parisian-like sanctuary to enjoy after a long working day.
_
When can I move in??!!
_



_

_

_

_

___

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came to your blog by way of an old post regarding Tasha Tudor ( I was researching pictures of her garden, as we are in the process of re-designing ours)...I can see you are in Santa Rosa. I'm in San Jose, but my husband works in Petaluma. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts!

Sabina said...

Thanks so much Stephanie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...