Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Little Women (The Movie)

I've seen three movie versions of Little Women. The one with Katharine Hepburn as Joe (1933), June Allyson as Joe (1949), and the third with Wynonna Rider as Joe (1994). Although I love to watch Katharine Hepburn - my favorite is the 1994 attempt. Susan Sarandon plays the part of Marmy, Claire Danes is Beth, and the list of well known actors goes on - even if that is a little too Hollywood. Overall it does a great job with a story about family, love, and the struggle of young women to find their voice. Joe's character is also captured pretty well and the whole movie really hinges on that. It's just one of my favorite feel good movies. Definitely a chick flick, I'd say. I thought that this year my 9 year old daughter might be able to appreciate it as well - so I put it in my Netflix queue -and it arrived today. Tonight we will watch it together with a big bowl of popcorn. I hope it inspires her to want great things for herself in this world. Anyhow, that's my plan.
___________________________


Little Women - By: Louisa May Alcott

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...